Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under AIS (Study Leave) Regulations 1960: DOP&T OM dated 07.06.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 7th June, 2023
Chief Secretaries of all the State Governments;
Subject: Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1960.
Sir / Madam,
I am directed to refer to the provisions of Regulations 9(i) of the AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1960, regarding execution of a bond by Member of Service before proceeding on Study Leave.
2. Instances have come to notice of certain All India Service officers not conducting themselves fully in consonance with the spirit of the AIS (Conduct) Rules, 1968 while on study leave.
3. It is, therefore, appropriate that Guidelines on conduct during Study Leave to be scrupulously adhered to by AIS officers be prescribed. The bond to be executed before proceeding on Study Leave has accordingly been revised, where a Member of Service shall, inter-alia, undertake to abide by the All India Services (Conduct) Rules, 1968 and the Guidelines on conduct during Study Leave contained in the Annexure to the revised bond.
4. Before forwarding the proposal of ex-India Study Leave of any Member of Service to the Central Government, the State Governments shall satisfy themselves that the Member of Service fulfills all requisite conditions for grant of study leave. They will also exercise due diligence to ensure that the proposed study course is relevant to the officer’s area of work and future career growth and is in public interest, before seeking approval of the Central Government under AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1960. State Governments may also like to satisfy themselves regarding the suitability of the Member of Service before forwarding proposals for consideration of the Central Government.
5. The State Governments are also advised to ensure that the Member of Service is properly briefed before he / she proceeds on Study Leave.
6. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Government of India