Inclusion of aids & assistive devices for distribution under ADIP Scheme in respect of disabilities included in the RPwD Act, 2016
File No: Z-11017/58/2020-DD-1
Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhavan,
Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003
dated the 13th June, 2023
Sub: Inclusion of aids & assistive devices for distribution under ADIP Scheme in respect of disabilities included in the RPwD Act, 2016- regarding.
In supersession of all Department’s O.M. on inclusion of aids & assistive devices in respect of various disabilities for distribution under ADIP Scheme, the undersigned is directed to say that an Expert Committee has been constituted in the Department under the Chairpersonship of Secretary, DEPwD to decide and list out modern assistive devices for all categories of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) for distribution under the ADIP Scheme.
2. Based on the decisions taken in the various meetings, Expert Committee has finalized the list of aids and assistive devices for the following disabilities:
- Neurological Conditions: Chronic Neurological Conditions, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s Disease (ANNEXURE-I)
- Locomotor Disability: Muscular Dystrophy, Acid Attack Victim, Dwarfism, Leprosy Cured Persons (ANNEXURE-II)
- Hearing & Speech Language Disability (ANNEXURE-III)
- Visually Impaired: Blindness, Low Vision (ANNEXURE-IV)
- Mental Disorder: Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Specific Learning Disabilities, Mental Illness, Multiple Disabilities including deaf blindness (ANNEXURE-V)
3. Aids & Assistive devices showing upper ceiling prices and specifications as contained in Annexure and recommended by the Expert Committee have been approved by the Ministry for financial assistance under revised ADIP Scheme. Also, the provisions defined in the ADIP Scheme, 2022 would apply for ascertaining the eligibility of beneficiaries for getting aids & assistive devices under the ADIP Scheme.
4. For procurement of aids and assistive devices, provisions of General Finance Rules (GFR) have to be followed strictly by the Implementing Agencies.
5. It is requested that the aids & assistive device approved by the Ministry for the above mentioned disabilities may be given wide publicity among Implementing Agencies in your State/UT.
Encl: As above
Under Secretary (ATD)
View/Download the PDF