Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
DIRECTORATE OF ESTATES
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108
OCTOBER 10, 2013
Subject: Issue of Vacation Notice and Show Cause Notice to the allottees of GPRA through e-Awas
As per the extant rules. retention of General Pool Residential accommodation (GPRA) occupied by the allottees is allowed for the prescribed period on their retirement. transfer and death. The allottees are required to vacate the accommodation on or before the expiry of the permissible retention period. It has. however, been observed that allottees or their families continue to occupy the accommodation unauthorisedly after expiry of the retention period.
2. The matter has been examined and it has been decided with the approval of Competent Authority that Vacation Notices may be issued to all the allottees of G PRA or their families at least 15 days before the date of expiry of the permissible period of retention. Further, all the cases in which the allottees have not vacated the quarters after expiry of the permissible period of retention shall be referred to Litigation Section immediately on the next date after expiry of the retention period.
3. All the Assistant Directors of Allotment Sections are directed to generate the Vacation Notices from e-Awas and issue the same to the concerned allottees at least 15 days before the date of expiry of permissible period of retention. All the concerned Deputy Directors of Estates will monitor the matter and ensure that notices are issued accordingly.
4. In cases where the allottees have not vacated the quarters after expiry of the permissible retention period, the Litigation Section shall generate Show Cause Notices from e-Awas and issue the same to such unauthorized occupants on the very next day after expiry of permissible retention period. Deputy Director of Estates(Litigation) will monitor the matter and ensure that notices are issued accordingly.
5. The facility of generating the Vacation Notices and Show Cause Notices has already been provided in e-Awas.
6. NIC, Nirman Bhavan. New Delhi is requested to make a programme in e-Awas for automatic reference of cases of such unauthorized occupation to Litigation Section immediately on the very next day after expiry of permissible period of retention.
Dy Director of Estates(Policy)
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.