- # exercise superintendence over the functioning of the Central Bureau of Investigation in so far as it relates to the investigation of offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988;
- # give directions to the CBI for the purpose of discharging the responsibility under sub-section (1) of section 4 of the DPSE Act, 1946;
- # inquire or cause an inquiry or investigation to be made into any complaint received against any official specified in sub-section (2) of Section 8 on allegations of offences committed under the Prevention of Corruption Act,1988;
- # to review the progress of investigations conducted by the CBI in PC Act cases;
- # to exercise suprintendence over the vigilance administration of the various Central Government Ministries/Departments or Corporations established by or under any central Act, Government Companies, Societies and local authorities owned or controlled by the Government;
- # tender advise to the Central Govt. Ministries/Departments/Public Sector Enterprises /Public Sector Banks/ Autonomous organisations/ Societies and Local Authorities owned & controlled by the Central Govt.
The above statement was submitted by MoS in Persmin in reply of undermentioned Lok Sabha Question:-
ROLE OF CVC IN CORRUPTION CASES
195 . Smt. RAMA DEVI
CHANDRAKANT BHAURAO KHAIRE
Will the Minister of PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS be pleased to state:-
(b) if so, the details of the provisions in the CVC Act and Rules which limit the role of the CVC to that of an advisor along with the reaction of the Government thereto;
(c) whether the Government proposes to amend such provisions in the CVC Act and rules so that the CVC can play a more assertive and proactive role in tackling corruption cases;
(d) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor; and
(e) the details of other steps taken/ proposed to be taken by the Government to strengthen the CVC?
Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office. (DR. JITENDRA SINGH)
(a) to (e): ** as above **
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.