Discontinuation of interview for direct recruitment to various Group B & C posts in non-statutory departmental canteen located in Central Government Offices: DoPT Order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market
New Delhi, dated 3rd February, 2016
Subject:- Discontinuation of interview for direct recruitment to various Group B & C posts in non-statutory departmental canteen located in Central Government Offices.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s DO No.39020/01/2013-Estt(B) dated 4.9.2015 (copy enclosed) drawing attention to Hon’ble Prime Minister’s address to the nation on occasion of Independence Day wherein it was announced that Government should discontinue holding interviews for recruitment of junior level post in order to improve objectivity, transparency and enable level playing Opportunity to candidates from all Sections of Society.
2. The issue relating to discontinuation of interviews for various junior level posts in the Government of India was considered by the Committee of Secretaries in its meeting held. on 14.9.2015. The recommendation of committee of Secretaries have since been accepted by the competent authority vide OM No.39020/01/2013-Estt(B) dated 12.11.2015 (copy enclosed). The clarification on issue of discontinuation of interviews have also been issued vide OM No.39020/01/2013-Es-tt(B) part dated 29.12.2015 (copy enclosed).
3. Accordingly, it has been decided that holding of interviews shall be discontinued. in all direct recruitment to non-gazetted, non-ministerial Group B & C posts in non-statutory departmental canteens located in Central Governments Offices. The recruitment to these posts shall be made purely on the basis of written test/skill test by respective Ministries taking into consideration job requirement for specific post. Duties and Responsibilities of canteen employees have been circulated vide this Department OM No.03/02/2009-Dir(C) dated 5.6.2014 (copy enclosed).
3. All Ministries/Departments are required to follow above instructions and related Government Orders as quoted above meticulously in respect of recruitment in Departmental Canteens under their administrative control.
- Interviews for recruitment to all Group B non-gazetted and Group C posts: Now clearance from DoPT is mandatory
- Duties and responsibilities of various Canteen employees
- Departmental Canteens/Tiffin Rooms Employees – Model Recruitment Rules
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]