Shiva Gopal Mishra
All Constituents of NC/JCM(Staff Side)
Sub: Proceedings of the meeting of the Standing Committee meeting of the National Council(JCM held on 03.05.2017 under the Chairmanship of Secretary(DoP&T)
- The arbitrary and artificial 5% ceiling may be removed.
- Pending the same the 5% vacancies should be calculated on the overall vacancies and not in the vacancies of the particular year.
- For calculation of vacancies Group B posts also should be taken into account.
- In the Defence Ministry wards of service personnel are given Compassionate Appointment in the 5% of Civilian Vacancies. However while calculating 5% vacancies, the vacancies of service personnel are not taken in to account. This anomaly may be rectified.
- Defence Ministry has proposed a onetime relaxation of 5% ceiling considering the large number of pending applications. TheDoP&T has rejected the same. The issue may be reconsidered by the DoP&T
After discussion on the above issues SecretaryDoP&T assured that he would reconsider the whole matter.