Ministry of Railways
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways etc.
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub: Revision of rates of Daily Allowance to Railway employees on tour.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the
recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to Daily
Allowance entitlements on Railways, the rates of Daily Allowance on tour as
admissible to Railway employees may be revised as under:
7th CPC Level
14 and above
12 and 13
9 to 11
6 to 8
5 and below
2. The ‘Pay Level’ for determining the Daily Allowance entitlement is as
indicated in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
3. The term’ ‘Pay’ in the level for the purpose of these orders refer to
Basic Pay drawn in appropriate Pay Level in the Pay Matrix as defined in
Rule 3(8) of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 and does not
include Non-Practising allowance (NPA), or any other type of p6y like
special pay etc.
4. However, if the Daily Allowance entitlements in terms of the revised
entitlements now prescribed result in a lowering of the existing
entitlements in the case of any individual, groups or classes of employees,
the entitlements, particularly in respect of mode of travel, class of
accommodation, etc., shall not be lowered. They will instead continue to be
governed by the earlier orders on the subject till such time as they become
eligible, in the normal course, for the higher entitlements.
5. The claims submitted in respect of journey made on or after 1st’ July,
2017, may be regulated in accordance with these orders. In respect of
journeys performed prior to 1st July, 2017, the claims may be regulated in
accordance with the previous orders dated 01.12.2008.
6. It may be noted that no additional funds will be provided on account of
revision in Daily Allowance entitlements. It may therefore be ensured that
permission to official travel Is given judiciously and restricted only to
absolutely essential official requirements.
7. These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017.
8. Hindi version will follow. Please acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.)
Source: Click here to Download Order