Review of charges realised by Indian Railways for verification of PNR details: Commercial Circular No. 34 of 2019
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (भारत सरकार)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (रेल मंत्रालय)
(RAILWAY BOARD) (रेलवे बोर्ड)
New Delhi, Dated 18.07.2019
The Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All zonal Railways.
(COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO. 34 of 2019)
Sub: Review of charges realised by Indian Railways for verification of PNR details.
Ref: Letter nos. 2006/TG-I/ 20/P/ LTC dated 10.01.2007, 2006/TG-I/ 20/P/LTC dated 31.08.2010 (CC No. 40 of 2010), 2006/TG-I/ 20/P/ LTC Pt. dated 13.12.2011 (CC No. 65 of 2011)
In supersession of above referred instructions regarding levy of charges for verification of PNR details etc., Competent Authority have now decided to adopt the following procedure for furnishing information regarding verification of journey details:
(i) Individuals seeking information for self travel under RTI Act or otherwise: It should be provided as per provisions of RTI Act subject to submission of identity proof bearing name and date of birth i.e. Aadhar/PAN card etc. to confirm that the person seeking information is one and the same as one of the passengers on the PNR.
(ii) Individuals seeking information for travel of other person under RTI Act or otherwise: Action should be taken as per relevant provisions of RTI Act and information should not be provided unless consent of third party is available.In case of requests not received under RTI Act, no information shall be provided.
(iii) Government Departments seeking information for their employees for the purpose of reimbursement of travel expenditure: It should be provided on realisation of nominal fee of ₹50/- per PNR only on receipt of official request from the concerned Department.
(iv) Government Investigating Agencies/Courts seeking information in connection with investigation/ Court Case: Status quo may be maintained and information shall be provided free of charge on receipt of official request of the Agency.
2. Authority to provide information and to take charges: Concerned Zonal Railways shall decide on the authority to provide information under this policy and to realise charges . .
Director Passenger Marketing
- CCM/PMs and CCM/PSs, all Zonal Railways.
- EDV(T),EDFC, DF(C),PPS/FC, OSD/TC, F(C) & V(SS) branches of Railway Board.
- MD/IRCTC,B 148, lth Floor, Statesman House, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi- 110001
- MD/CRIS & General Manager/PRS, CRIS, Chanakyapuri , New Delhi.
- DG, Professor/Training & Professor/Commercial Railway Staff College, Vadodara.
- The Principals, Zonal Railway Training Institutes, Central Railway/ Bhusawal, Eastern Railway/Bhuli-Dhanbad, Northern Railway/Chandausi , East Central railway/Muzaffarpur, NF Railway/Alipurduar, Southern Railway/Trichy, South Central Railway/Moula Ali, SE Railway/Sini, North Western Railway/Udaipur.
- Director, Indian Railway Institute of Transport Management, Hardoi Bypass Road, Manak Nagar, Lucknow-2260011.
- General Secretary, National Federation ofIndian Railwaymen (NFIR), 3, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi.
- General Secretary, AllIndia Railwaymen Federation ( AIRF), 4, State Entry Road, New Delhi.
- Secretary General, Federation of Railway Officers Association (FROA), Room No.370, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Secretary General, Indian Railways Promotee Officers Federation (IRPOF), Room No. 268, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Secretary General, AllIndia RPF Association, Room No. 256-D, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- CTM, Metro Railway, Metro Rail Bhawan, 33/1, J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata-71.