Rs. 20,000/- Financial Assistance to GDS Employee suffering from COVID – 19: Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Welfare & Sports Section)
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg.
New Delhi – 110 001
All Heads of Circle
Subject: Measures regarding Covid-19 pandemic, requirement- reg.
1. In view of the existing conditions due to Covid-19 pandemic, Postal Services, classified as essential service under Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA), have remained functional despite lockdown and Departmental and GDS Employees have been making consistent efforts in providing bask postal and financial services to the public. GDS Employees at present, are not provided medical assistance like Government Employee. are. Hence, in order to facilitate GDS Employees, it has been decided to include point No 14 in Para No. 14.1 of Order No.19 -31/2012 -WL/Sport Dated 17th September 2013:-
|Sl. N.||Details||Financial Assistance to GDS|
|14||Financial Assistance in case of GDS Employee suffering from COVID – 19||Rs. 20,000/-|
2. GDS Employees may be advised to download ‘Aarogya Setu’ App on then mobile phones and self-assess themselves by uploading their health status on the application. If GDS is unwell or shows any symptoms of COVID 19 i.e. fever, Cough or Breathlessness etc. he/ she may contact any Government Hospital/ Centre/ Private Hospital and if advised RT-PCR test for COVID 19, the same may be undertaken from any identified Government / Private Hospitals/ Labs.
Reporting of death cases due to COVID-19 for compensation of Rs.10 Lakh for i.r.o GDS and all Postal Employees
3. GDS Employee will be eligible only once for financial grant at Para No.1 above.
4. The amount may be sanctioned from Circle Welfare Fund for GDS and CPMG will be the Competent Authority / Sanctioning Authority.
5. The amount should be sanctioned after duly scrutinizing and verifying all supporting documents like Doctor’s Prescription, Medial Bills etc.
6. Circles have sufficient fiends in Citric Welfare Fund for GDS as per their closing balance for the year 2019-20. In case any additional funds are required in the GDS Welfare fund (when circle do not have sufficient fund in GDS Welfare fund), matter may be taken up with Directorate at the earliest.
This has been approved by Competent Authority.
Director (Welfare & Sports)