Personal Assistant Recruitment Rules, 2020 of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
(EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION)
New Delhi, the 21st August, 2020
No. HRD/24/2016/RRs/Steno Cadre.—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (a) of sub-section (7) of Section 5D of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952), and in supersession of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation Stenographers Service Rules, 1998, in so far as they relate to the post of Personal Assistant except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Board, Employees’ Provident Fund with the approval of the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Personal Assistant in the Central Board (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation), namely:—
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (Personal Assistant) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in the pay matrix or pay scale.—The number of the posts, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit and other qualifications etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualifications:—No person,—
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or;
(b) who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Board may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax:—Where the Central Board is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in consultation with the Central Government and the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Savings:—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of Post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the Pay Matrix||Whether selection post or Non-selection post|
|Personal Assistant||434 * (2020)
*subject to variation dependent on workload
|Group ‘B’||Level-7 in the Pay Matrix
|Age limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any|
|Not exceeding 30 years. (Relaxable for Government Servants and for employees of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation upto five years in accordance with the instructions or order issued by the Central Government).
Note: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti district and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Andaman & Nicobar islands or Union territory of Lakshadweep).
|(i) Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised
(ii) (a) Dictation:- Speed of 120 words per minute in Stenography (English or Hindi)
(b) Transcription Time for the dictation taken as per (ii) (a): 50 minutes (English) / 65 minutes (Hindi) (Only on Computer)
Note 1: Qualification are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission for reasons to be recorded in writing, in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Note 2: The qualification regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage of selection the Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the posts reserved for them.
|Not applicable||Two years.|
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.||In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation / absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation / absorption to be made|
|(i) 75% by Direct
(ii) 25% by
promotion failing which by deputation (Including short-term contract)
Stenographers of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation in Level-4 in the Pay Matrix [Rs.25500-81100] with fifteen years regular service in the grade.
Note 1: The eligibility service for promotion to the post of Personal Assistant shall continue to be five years for persons holding the feeder posts of Stenographer on regular basis on the date of notification of these rules.
Note 2: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Deputation (including short term contract):
Officers holding the post of Stenographer under the Central Government or State Government or Union Territory Administrations or Autonomous or Statutory Organisations or Public Sector undertaking or recognized University or Institute or Research Institutes:
(A) (l) holding analogous posts on a regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; or
(ll) With five years’ service in the Stenographer grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the Level-6 in the Pay Matrix (Rs.35400 – 112400) or equivalent in the parent cadre or department.
Note 1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: Period of deputation (including short term contract) including period of deputation (including short term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other Organization / department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointrnent by deputation (including short term contract) shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|If a departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Group ‘B’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:
1. Chairman or Member, UPSC – Chairman
2. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner (Headquarters) (Human Resource) – Member
3. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner (Human Resource Management) – Member
4. Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, Grade-I (Human Resource Management)-Member
Group ‘B’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:
1. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner (Headquarters) (Human Resource) – Chairman
2. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner (Human Resource Management)-Member
3. Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, Grade-I (Human Resource Management)-Member
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary for appointment to the post on each occasion.|
SUNIL BARTHWAL, Central Provident Fund Commissioner
& Secy., Central Board of Trustees, EPF.