Additional Director General (Conservation and Scientific Preservation) (Group ‘A’ post), Recruitment Rules, 2020 in the Archeological Survey of India, Ministry of Culture
MINISTRY OF CULTURE
(Archaeological Survey of India)
New Delhi, the 24th September, 2020
G.S.R. 580(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Additional Director General (Conservation and Scientific Preservation) in the Archeological Survey of India, Ministry of Culture, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Culture, Archeological Survey of India, Additional Director General (Conservation and Scientific Preservation) (Group ‘A’ post), Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in the Pay Matrix.—The number of the post, its classification and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the said Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit, qualification etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualification and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in column (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person, —
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or
(b) who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,
Shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds, for doing so, exempt any person from the operation to this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the other Backward Classes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of post.||Classification.||Level in Pay Matrix.||Whether selection post or non selection post.|
|1. Additional Director General
(Conservation and Scientific
*subject to variation dependant upon workload.
|General Central Service,
Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non Ministerial.
|Level 14 (Rs. 144200-
|Age limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.|
|Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Whether age and
direct recruits will
apply in the case of
|Period of probation, if
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable||By Promotion failing which by Deputation including short term contract).|
|In case recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made|
|(I) Promotion: Joint Director General (Conservation) and Joint Director General (Scientific Preservation) with three years regular service in Level-13 (Rs.123100-215900) in the pay matrix.
Note: Where Juniors who have completed their qualifying/eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their senior would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying/ eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying/eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
The eligibility list for promotion shall be prepared with reference to the date of completion by the officers of the prescribed qualifying service in the respective grade or post.
(II) Deputation (including short term contract):
Officers under Central Government/State Government or Union territories/Public Sector Undertakings or Universities or Recognized Research Institutions or Statutory and Autonomous Organisations:
(a) (i) Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(ii) with two years regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in Level 13A (Rs.131100-216600) in the pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; or
(iii) with three years’ regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in Level 13 (Rs.123100-215900) in the Pay Matrix in the parent cadre or department; and (b) possessing educational qualifications and experience as under:-
(i) Masters or Doctorate Degree in Civil Engineering or architecture or Chemistry from recognised University or institute.
(ii) Fifteen years experience in execution of conservation works including maintenance of ancient monuments or heritage buildings or scientific Preservation of monuments and antiquities including wall paintings.
(iii) Published research papers or reports on conservation and preservation of ancient monuments or heritage buildings or antiquities.
Desirable: Doctorate degree in any of the branches of Archaeology or in Structural or Scientific conservation of ancient monuments or heritage buildings or antiquities.
Note 1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationist shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: The period of deputation (including short term contract) including the period of deputation in another excadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall not exceed five years.
Note 3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall not exceed fifty eight years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Group ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion consisting of:-
(1) Chairman or Member, Union Public Service Commission – Chairman
(2) Secretary or Additional Secretary, Ministry of Culture – Member: and
(3) Director General, Archaeological Survey of India – Member.
|Consultation with Union Public Service
Commission is necessary while appointing an
officer on deputation (including short term
[F. No. 3-6/2020-Plg & HRD (RR]
P. G. KALADHARAN, Director (Administration)