Telephone Operator (Group ‘C’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020 in the National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, under MoHFW
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
New Delhi, the 4th November, 2020
G.S.R. 162.- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the National Malaria Eradication Programme (Group ‘C’ posts) Recruitment Rules, 1980 in so far as they relate to the post of Telephone Operator (Serial number 18) except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Telephone Operator in the National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, under the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, namely:-
- Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, Telephone Operator (Group ‘C’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix. -The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc .-The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
- Disqualification-No person,-
- Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person having a spouse living; or
- Who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax- Where the central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
- Savings- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in pay matrix||Whether selection post or non- selection posts||Age- limit for direct recruits|
|Telephone Operator||01*(2020) *Subject to variation dependent on workload.||General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non- Gazetted, Non- Ministerial||Level- 2 in the pay matrix (Rs. 19900- 63200)||Not applicable||Between 18 to 27 years of age. Relaxable for Government servants upto forty years in case of general candidates and upto forty-five years in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government. Note: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Union territory of Ladakh, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.|
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and Period of educational qualifications prescribed if any for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation if any||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods|
|Essential: 1. lih Class pass from a recognised Board. 2. Training Course in handling in Private Branch Exchange and Private Automatic Branch Exchange along with experience as Telephone Operator and in handling of Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange from an Institute recognised by Centre or State Government.||Not applicable||Two years||By direct recruitment Note: Vacancies caused by the incumbent being away on deputation or long illness or study leave or under any other circumstances for duration of one year or more may be filled by deputation basis from officers of the Central Government.
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; and (b) (ii) possessing the qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruits under column (7).
|In case of recruitment by promotion grades from which promotion or deputation to be made||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
|Not applicable||Group ‘C’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation ) consisting of:- (i) Joint Director or Deputy Director National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme – Chairman ; (ii) Deputy Director, Directorate General of Health Services or Any other Institution of the Directorate Located in Delhi or New Delhi – Member ; (iii) Administrative Officer, National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme – Member.||Not necessary.|
[F. No. 1-69/2019/Adrnn.I]
BAIDY ANATH PRASAD, Under Secy.