Government Covid Vaccination Centers (GCVCs) at ECHS Polyclinics (PCs)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-11
Dated the 3rd June, 2021
The Managing Director,
Ex Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme
Subject: GOVERNMENT COVID VACCINATION CENTRES (GCVCs) AT ECHS POLYCLINICS (PCs)
1. Please refer to CO ECHS note no B/49761/AG/ECHS/202 dated 01.06.2021 and telecoversation of the undersigned with DC (Imm-l/UIP-l) , MoHFW and Member National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization on the subject.
2. TO augment and simplify the process of registration vaccination, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has issued a detailed Guidance Note COWIN 2.0 on 28.02.2021 (https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/GuidancedocCOWIN2.pdf), wherein the provision for registration of all Government run Health facilities to function as Govt COVID Vaccination Centres (GCVCs) has been laid out. A copy of the same is attached as annexure for ready reference.
3. In an effort to augment the vaccination efforts of the Government, the ECHS polyclinics located at various parts of the country may be utilised to have the vaccination facility for the citizens including ECHS beneficiaries and_ their dependents. Necessary liaison with State authorities like District Immunisation Officers (DIOs) may be carried out by the Station HQ in conjunction with Regional Centre (RC) to coordinate various arrangements to include logistics for provision of vaccines, cold chain mapping, site inspection, geographical location attributes sharing, training and deployment of manpower, record keeping etc. The detailed procedure for pre-registering on COWIN is also given in Annexure 2. of the ibid Guidance Note for COWIN 2.0.
4. CO ECHS is therefore requested to take necessary action as per the laid down guidelines issued in this regard to pre-register maximum number of ECHS PCs as GCVC.
5. This has the approval of JS (ESW).
Encl: As above
(Dr. PP Sharma)
OSD (WE &IC)