Procedure for filling up of Ex-cadre Group ‘B’ post of Protocol Officer : Railway Board RBE No. 36/2022 RBE NO.36/2022 GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Procedure for filling up of Ex-cadre Group ‘B’ post of Protocol Officer : Railway Board RBE No. 36/2022
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dt:- 29.03.2022
The General Managers (P),
All Indian Railways and Production Units
(Kind Attn.: PCPO/Dy.CPO(G))
Sub: Procedure for filling up of Ex-cadre Group ‘B’ post of Protocol Officer.
Ref.: Board’s letters No. E(GP)2007/2/50 dated 14.11.2019 and 21.01.2020.
In terms of instructions contained in Board’s aforementioned letter of even number dt.14.11.2019, it was advised that ex-cadre Group ‘B’ posts of Protocol Officer operating on the Zonal Railways/Production Units shall be filled up in terms of Recruitment Rules. Similarly, in terms of Board’s letter of even number dated 21.01.2020, pending finalisation of the Recruitment Rules, Railways have been allowed to fill up these posts on deputation from the existing Group ‘B’ officers.
2. The procedure of filling up these posts has now been reviewed by Board and it has been decided that the ex-cadre Group ‘B’ posts of Protocol Officer shall be filled up on the basis of Viva-Voce and assessment of APARs (as per extant instructions governing them) as under:
(a) from officials preferably holding analogous posts on regular basis, failing which,
(i) from amongst Group ‘C’ employees with atleast 2 years’ regular service in level / of the pay matrix;
(ii) from amongst Group ‘C’ employees with atleast 6 years’ regular service in level 6 of the pay matrix;
(b) The desirable educational qualification and preferable work experience for manning the post is given as under:
(i) holding Bachelor’s Degree of a recognized University; and
(ii) having two years’ experience of protocol or public relations work.
3. The tenure on ex-cadre Group ‘B’ posts of Protocol Officer shall normally not exceed four years. The lien of the selected incumbents will continue to be maintained in their respective non-gazetted/gazetted cadre of the parent zonal Railway/ Production Units. Further, they will earn regular promotions in their respective cadres including to Gr.B posts as per the Recruitment Rules/Administrative instructions etc. governing the said posts.
4. It has also been decided that in case a Group ‘C’ employee is selected to the ex-cadre Group ‘B’ post of Protocol Officer: he should be repatriated to his parent cadre at least one year before the date of his retirement on Superannuation, irrespective of his tenure. Also, his settlement dues on retirement will be made accordingly as per the lien held by him on his respective non-gazetted cadre of the parent Zonal Railway/ Production Units.
9. Furthermore, as earlier advised in terms of instructions contained in Board’s letter of even number dt.14.11.2019, not more than 2 posts of Protocol Officers in a Railway/PU can be operated — one at Head-quarter’s level and the other at a station chosen by the General Manager and the incumbents to the post shall remain under the administrative control of the G.M.’s office.
6. The Protocol Officers who have been regularized as a onetime measure in terms of instructions contained in Board’s letter of even number dated 14.11.2019, if required, can be transferred to any other General (ex-cadre) Group ‘B’ post by the General Manager as a special case not to be quoted as precedent.
7, Please acknowledge receipt of the letter.
Dy. Director, Estt. (GP)III
Ph. No. 23047250
E.mail ID- meena.1964[at]gov.in