Alternatives for death certificate for settlement of death claims related to deceased members who lost their lives in the train mishap in Odisha on 02.06.2023
EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
MINISTRY OF LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan 13, Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
(WEB CIRCULATION ONLY)
E-file No.121883 EDLI/ CLAIMS/ SETTLEMENT/ RELAXATION/ 2023/1571
All Zonal Offices,
All Regional Offices,
Subject: Alternatives for death certificate for settlement of death claims related to deceased members who lost their lives in the train mishap in Odisha on 02.06.2023.
A tragic and devastating train accident occurred on 02.06.2023 occurred in the state of Odisha in which hundreds of people died and more than 1,000 injured, many of them seriously.
2. The Zonal office should continue to obtain updated list of casualties maintained by Railway Authorities, Police or Government Authorities and take necessary measures in attempt to identify the members using data such as Aadhaar number, PAN, mobile number used for booking ticket or any documents related to employment etc.
3. To mitigate hardship faced by family/ beneficiaries’ of deceased, and to speed up claim settlements, it has been decided by the competent authority to relax requirement of Death Certificate for EDLI and Pension Claim related to deceased members who lost their lives in the train mishap in Odisha. The documents provided by the Indian Railways/ Police or District Authorities to such family members may also be allowed as proof of death.
4. Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) to settle claims in cases of death due to Industrial Accidents shall be followed. Special cell be formed to monitor all cases till Settlement of claims.
ACC Odisha (Zone) shall monitor the daily progress on the matter and ensure coordination with other Zones wherever required for speedy settlement of claims and report daily to ACC(Pension).
[This issues with the approval of CPFC]
Regional P.F Commissioner-I (Pension & EDLI)
Copy for information to:
1. All CBT Members
2. PS to CPFC.
3. FA & CAO, CVO, Director(PDNASS) & ZTIs
4. ACC (HQ) (Audit)
9. All ACC (HQ)s and ACCs at HO
6. Rajbhasha Section for providing Version in Hindi.