- All Chief Postmasters General
- All Postmasters General
- Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF), Department of Posts
- All General Managers (Finance)
- Directors/Deputy Directors of Accounts (Postal)
- Director, RAKNPA/Directors of All PTCs
Sub: Productivity Linked Bonus for the Accounting year 2017-18.
The undersigned is directed to convey the sanction of the President of India to the payment of Productivity Linked Bonus for the Accounting year 2017-18 equivalent of emoluments of 60 (Sixty)Days to the employees of Department of Posts in MTS, /Group ‘C’ and non-gazetted Group ‘B’. Ex-gratia payment of bonus to Gramin Dak Sevaks who are regularly appointed after observing all appointment formalities, and Ad-hoc payment of bonus to Casual laborers who have been conferred Temporary Status are also to be paid equivalent to allowance/wages respectively for 60 (Sixty) Days for the same period.
2.3 “Average Emoluments” for a regular employee is arrived at by dividing by twelve, the total salary drawn during the year 2017-18 for the period from 1.4.2017 to 31.03.20.18, by restricting each month’s salary to Rs. 7000/- per month. However, for the periods of EOL and Dies-Non in a given month, Proportionate deduction is required to be made from the ceiling limit of Rs 7000/-
2.4 ln case of those employees who were under suspension, or on whom dies-non was imposed or both, during the accounting year, the clarificatory orders issued vide Paras 1 & 3 respectively of this officer order No 26-8/80-PAP (Pt.l) dated 11.6.1981 and No. 26-4/87-PAP(Pt.ll) dated 8.2 1988 will apply.
2.5 Those employees who have resigned/retired or left services or proceeded on deputation within tire Department of Posts or those who have proceeded on deputation outside the Department of Posts after 31 .03 2018 will also be entitled to bonus. ln case of all such employees, the Productivity Linked Bonus admissible will be as per provisions of Paras 2.1 to 2 3 above
3. GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS (GDS)
In respect of GDS employees who were on duty throughout the year during 2017-18, Average Monthly Time Related continuity Allowance will be calculated taking into account the Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) plus corresponding Dearness Allowance drawn by them for the period from 1.4.2017 lo 31.3.2018 divided by 12. However, where the Time Related Continuity Allowance exceeds Rs. 7000/- in any month during this period, the allowance will be restricted to Rs.7000/- per month. Ex-gratia payment of bonus may be calculated by applying the bonus formula as mentioned below:
3.2 The allowance drawn by a substitute will not be counted towards bonus calculation for either the Substitutes or the incumbent GDSs. In respect of those GDS who were appointed in short term vacancies in Postmen/MTS Cadre, the clarificatory orders issued vide Directorate letter No 26-6/89-PAP dated 6 2.1990 and No, 26-7/90-PAP dated 4.7.1991 will apply.
3.3 If a GDS has been on duty for a part of the year by way of a fresh appointment, or for having been put off duty, or for having left service, he will be paid proportionate ex-gratia bonus calculated by applying the procedure prescribed in Para 3.1 above.
3.4. Those Gramin Dak Sevaks who have resigned discharged or left service after such 01.04.2018 will also be entitled to proportionate ex-gratia Bonus. In case of all such Gramin Dak Sevaks, the Ex-gratia Bonus admissible will be as per provisions of Para 3.1 above.
4, FULL TIME CASUAL LABOURERS INCLUDING TEMPORARY STATUS CASUAL LABOURERS.)
4.1 Full Time casual Laborers (including Temporary status casual Laborers who have worked for 8 hours a day, for at least 240 days in a year for three consecutive years or more (206 days in each year for three years or more in case of offices observing 5 days a week) as on 31 03.2018) will be paid ad-hoc bonus on notional monthly wages of Rs 1200/. (Rupees Twelve hundred only) The maximum ad’hoc bonus will be calculated as below:
Accordingly, the rate of bonus per day will be worked out as indicated below:-
The above rate of bonus per day may be applied to the number of days for which the services of such casual laborers had been utilized during the period from 1.4.2017 to 31.03.2018. In cases where the actual wages in any month fall below Rs.1200/- during the period 1.4.2017 to 31.3.2018, the actual monthly wages drawn should be taken into account to arrive at the actual ad-hoc bonus due in such cases.
5. The amount of Productivity Linked Bonus/ex-gratia payment/Ad-hoc bonus payable under this order will be rounded off to the nearest rupee. The payment of Froductivity Linked Bonus as well as the ex-gratia payment and ad-hoc payment will be chargeable to the Head “salaries” under the relevant Sub-Head of account to which piy and allowances of the staff are debited The payment will be met from the sanctioned grant for the year 2018-19.
6. After payment, the total expenditure incurred and the number of employees paid may be ascertained from all the units by Circles and consolidated figures be intimated to the Budget Section of the Department of Posts The Budget Section will furnish consolidated information to PAP Section about the total amount of bonus paid and the total number employees (category-wise) to whom it was disbursed for the Department as a whole.
7 This has the approval of Hon’ble Finance Minister vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s ID No. 942259/E III(A)/2018 dated 12.10.2018 and issue with the concurrence of AS & FA vide Diary No 100/FA-2018/CS dated 15.10.2018.
8. Receipt of this letter may be acknowledged