Extension of due date of deposit of TDS, submission of quarterly statement of TDS and issue of Form 16 & 16A i.r.o. deductors of Odisha: CBDT Notification
Government of India/ भारत सरकार
Ministry of Finance/ वित्त मंत्रालय
Department of Revenue/ (राजस्व विभाग)
Central Board of Direct Taxes/(केन्द्रीय प्रत्यक्ष कर बोर्ड)
North Block, New Delhi
24th May, 2019
ORDER UNDER SECTION 119 OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT, 1961
With a view to redress genuine hardship faced by the deductors due to the severe disruption of normal life and breakdown of communication systems caused by cyclone “Fani” hitting the state of Odisha on 3rd of May, 2019, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of its powers under section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, hereby-
(i) Extends the due date of depositing tax deducted at source (TDS) for the month of April, 2019 from 7th of May, 2019 to the 20th of May, 2019,
(ii) Extends the due date of filing of Quarterly Statement of TDS for the last quarter of financial year 2018-19 from 31st of May, 2019 to the 30th of June, 2019, and
(iii) Extends the due date for issue of TDS certificates in Form 16 and 16A from 15th of June, 2019 to 15th of July, 2019 in respect of deductors of the state of Odisha.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
1) OSD to FM/PS to MOS (R )
2) PS to Secretary (Revenue)
3) Chairman (DT), All Members, Central Board of Direct Taxes
4) All Pr CCsIT/ Pr ODSGIT/DSGIT/CCsIT
9) Shri Ashok Meena, IAS, Principal Secretary to the Govt. of Odisha.
6) Shri Natabar Panda, President, Cuttack Bar Association.
7) All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT
8) DIT (PP, PR & OL) for necessary action. ,
9) Pr. DGIT (Systems), New Delhi, for appropriate change in the software of the System.
10) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-110002
11) CIT (Media), Official Spokesperson of CBDT
12)Database Cell with a request to upload the order on the website www. irsofficersonline.gov.in.
13) Webmanager, National Website, ITD for uploading the Order on the website for wider publicity.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India