Revision of syllabus for LDCE for promotion to Postal Services Group 'B' cadreNo. 9-04/2018-SPG-IIGovernment of India Ministry of Communications&
Sub : Revision of syllabus for promotion to PS Group ‘B’ cadre – Regarding.
Revised syllabus for promotion to PS Group ‘B’ cadre.
Paper – I
1) Consumer Protection Act, 1986
2) Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
|Inland/ Foreign Post
1) Indian Post Office Rules, 1933
2) Post Office Guide Part I
3) Post Office Guide Part II
4) Domestic/ Foreign Post guidelines issued by Directorate
5) Book of BO Rules
|Mail Operations –
1) Postal Manual Volume V
2) Guidelines issued by Directorate from time to time on Mail Network optimization Project I PNOP I Business Development
|Money Remittance –
Guidelines issued by Directorate on eMO, iMO, IMTS and IFS MO
|Saving Bank Scheme and Certificates
1) Post Office Saving Bank General Rules, 1981.
2) Post Office Saving Account Rules, 1981
3) National Savings Recurring Deposit Rules, 1981.
4) National Savings Time Deposit rules, 1981.
5) National Savings MIS Rules, 1987.
6) National Savings Certificates Rules, 1960.
7) Senior Citizen Savings Scheme Rules, 2004.
8) National Savings Certificates (VIII Issue), 1989
9) Kisan Vikas Patra Rules, 2014
10) Public Provident Fund Scheme, 1968 ll) Sukanya Samridhi Yojana Rules, 2014
12) Post Office Saving Bank Manual Volume I & II
13) SB orders issued by Directorate from 01.01.2007 onwards.
14) Guidelines issued by Directorate from time to time on Core Banking Services
15) Post Office Saving Bank (CBS) Manual
|Postal Life Insurance and Rural PLI –
1) Post Office Life Insurance Rules, 2011
2) Guidelines issued by Directorate from time to time on PLI/ RPLI and Core Insurance solution
|Organization of the Department-
1) Postal Manual Volume II (Chapter – I- organization),
2) Citizen Charter of Department of Posts.
3) Guidelines and instructions on complaint grievances handling in Department of Posts.
|Guidelines issued by Directorate from time to time on IT modernization Project of Department of Posts|
|1. Handbook on Philately
2. Directorate instructions on Philately
|Office Procedure –
1) Postal Manual Volume II – Chapter XI -Misc. Rules
2) Manual of Office Procedure
3) Annual Reoorts and Book of Information of D/o Posts
|Material Management –
1) Postal Manual Volume II – Chapter VI (Stock), VIII(Printing), IX(Contracts), XII (Budget Estimates and control)
2) Chapter 6 of General Financial Rules,2017
3) CVC guidelines on Public procurement, guide-lines and instructions on e procurement.
4) Manual on policies and procedure for purchase of goods and services available on website of Ministry of Finance.
|Establishment and Administrative matters-
1) Postal Manual Volume IV.
2) Instructions issued by Directorate and DoP&T on maintenance of APAR.
3) Schedule of Financial Powers of Divisional Heads, Head of the Circle, etc.
4) Welfare measures available to Departmental Employees and Gramin Dak Sevak of DoP.
5) DoP&T instructions issued from time to time on Establishment and administration.
6) Brochure on reservation, instructions regarding sports person reservation, compassionate appointment guidelines issued by DoP and DoP&T from time to time.
7) Recruitment Rules relating to various cadres in D/o Posts
8) Establishment Norms
|Current Affairs 15 questions for 30 marks|
|Noting and Drafting for 25 marks each|
Paper – II
|1. Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964|
|2. Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965
3. Postal Manual Volume III
|4. Central Civil Services (Temporary Service Rules), 1965
5. Brochure on Casual labourer
|6. Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972
7. New Pension Scheme, 2004
8. Central Civil Services (Commutation of Pension) Rules, 1981
|9. Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972
10. Central Civil Services (Joining Time) Rules, 1979
|11. General Provident Fund (Central Service) Rules, 1960
12. Central Services (Medical Attendance) Rules, 1944
|13. Fundamental and Supplementary Rules
14. Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988
15. Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
|16. Postal Financial Handbook Volume I and II|
|17. General Financial Rules 20 17 other than public procurement
18. Rules relating to Children Education allowance and reimbursement of Hostel Subsidy
19. Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme, 1980
|20. Gramin Dak Sevak (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011.|
|21. Central Administrative Tribunal Act, 1985 and its Rules
22. Right to Information Act 2005 and RTI Rules 2012
|23. Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
24. Public Accountants Default Act, 1850
25. Revenue Recovery Act, 1890
26. Prevention of corruption Act, 1890
27. Central Civil Services (Recognition of Service Association) Rules, 1993
28. Goods and Services Tax (GST) Act, 2017
|29. Postal Manual Volume II
|30. Interface with India Post Payment Bank|
|31. Preservation and Disposal of Postal Records
32. Swatchh Bharat
|33. Inspection questionnaires.
34. CSI Operating Manuals
Note : In both the papers, circular/ order/ guidelines/ Rules issued upto 31st December of the year preceding the year of examination will be part of the syllabus except the Annual Report and Book of Information for which latest report and information available in India Post Website will be taken for the purpose.
Revised Pattern for the promotion to PS Group “B” cadre
|S. No.||Heading||Revised Pattern|
|1.||Marks||Each paper will carry 300 marks|
|2.||Duration||Duration for each paper is 3 hours|
|3.||No. of Questions||125 Questions of MCQ type in Paper I and Noting & Drafting for 25 marks each.
150 Questions of MCQ type in Paper II.
|4.||Qualifying Marks||40% marks in each paper subject to an overall average of 45% for General category and 33% marks in each paper subject to overall average of 38% for SC/ST categories.|
|5.||Whether books allowed or not||Both the papers of the examination will be conducted without books.|
Source: Deptt of Posts