Verification of qualifying service under Rule.32 of Pension Rules – Issue of instruction for strict Compliance
Office of the Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax,
Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Hyderabad,
10th Floor, Income Tax Towers,
Hyderabad, AC Guards -004500
Tele. 23425474 – 040 /Fax – 423241427-040
Sub: Verification of qualifying service under Rule.32 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972- Issue of instruction — Strict Compliance Reg.
It has come to the notice of this office that verification of qualifying service is not being undertaken as per timeline stipulated under Rule 32 of CCS (Pension) Rules. This has resulted in a number of observations being made by the ZAO on erroneous pay fixation and recovery of excess salary, non-granting of up- gradation under MACP, etc at a later date. This is causing undue financial distress to the employees, particularly to those who are on the verge of retirement, which is highly avoidable.
2. As per Rule 32 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972, on a Government Servant completing 18 years of service and on his being left with five years of service before the date of retirement, whichever is earlier, the Head of Office in consultation with the Zonal Accounts Officer shall determine the qualifying service in accordance with the Rules and communicate to him in Form 24, the period of qualifying service so determined.
3. It is reiterated that compliance of the above Rule will provide enough time to rectify the omissions, if any, in the service register. Also, recovery of excess pay and allowances, in case of erroneous pay fixation, will be less and will not cause hardship to the employee.
4, In view of the above, all the Heads of Office /DDOs are hereby directed to strictly comply with the provisions of Rule 32 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 and to undertake the exercise of verification of qualifying service of all Officers and Staff under their control immediately.
5. This issues with the approval of Pr.CCIT, AP & Telangana, Hyderabad.
(Dr. M MOHAN BABU)
Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax,
O/o Pr.CCIT, AP & TS, Hyderabad
1. All Heads of Office and DDOs in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Region.
2. The ZAO, CBDT, Hyderabad/Visakhapatnam.