Updation of Master data and submission of changed information in Format-F for e-scrolls: CPAO writes to Bank to avoid turn lead to underpayment/overpa
Updation of Master data and submission of changed information in Format-F for e-scrolls: CPAO writes to Bank to avoid turn lead to underpayment/overpayment of pension
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
O/O CONTROLLER GENERAL OF ACCOUNTS
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE
NEW DELHI – 110066
CPAO/IT &Tech/Master Data/14 Vol (III-A) /7607 /2021-22 / 193
Sub: Updation of Master data and submission of changed information in Format-F for e-scrolls – Reg.
Attention is invited to this office OM No. CPAO/IT&Tech/Master Data/14 (Vol-II)/2018-19/52 dated 22.06.2018 (copy enclosed), on the subject cited above, issued to all banks to update their Master Data quarterly as per the revised format available on CPAO’s website.
2. It has been observed that Banks are not updating their master data regularly and not providing the changed information in Format-F along with the payment scrolls. This has the potential to lead to data mismatch between Banks and CPAO which can in turn lead to underpayment/overpayment of pension and other financial/non-financial errors.
3. In view of the above, Heads of CPPCs/GBDs of all Authorized banks are requested to update Master Data of pensioners quarterly for review and better management of the data. They are also requested to furnish the changed information in Format-F including date of Life Certificate along with each and every payment/receipt scroll in future so that any subsequent changes required in master data may be incorporated by CPAO itself.
4. To facilitate the banks, the guidelines for electronic transmission of accounting data under the CPPC system by authorized banks along-with changed/updated Format-F have been provided on CPAO’s website www.cpao.nic.in (Link: “For Banks Guidelines for Banks — Guidelines for Master data”).
5. This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pensions).
Encl: – As above AR
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
1) Heads of CPPCs of All Authorized Banks (as per list)
2) Heads of Government Business Divisions of All Authorized Banks (as per list)
Copy for information to:-
1. PS to CC(P), CPAO, New Delhi
2. PAtoCA, CPAO, New Delhi
3. PAto Dy. CA, CPAO, New Delhi
4. (NIC), CPAO, New Delhi
5. Sr. AO (Coordination), CPAO, New Delhi
6. Sr. AO (IAW), CPAO, New Delhi