7th CPC Allowances Gazette Notification: Finance Ministry Resolution No. 11-1/2016-IC dated 06.07.2017
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Expenditure)
New Delhi, the 6th July, 2017
No. 11-1/2016-IC.—The Seventh Central Pay Commission (the Commission) was set up by the Government of India vide Resolution No. 1/1/2013-E.III (A), dated the 28th February, 2014. The period for submission of report by the Commission was extended upto 31st December, 2015 vide Resolution No.1/1/2013-E.III (A), dated the 8th September, 2015. The Commission, on 19th November, 2015, submitted its Report on the matters covered in its Terms of Reference as specified in the aforesaid Resolution dated the 28th February, 2014.
2. The Government, vide Para 7 of the Resolution No. 1-2/2016- IC, dated 25th July, 2016, decided to refer the allowances (except Dearness Allowance) to the Committee on Allowances (the Committee). It was also decided that till a final decision on allowances is taken based on the recommendations of the Committee, all allowances will continue to be paid at existing rates in existing pay structure, as if the pay had not been revised with effect from 1st day of January, 2016.
3. The said Committee submitted its Report on 27th April, 2017. The Government, after consideration, has decided to accept the recommendations of the Commission on allowances with 34 modifications as specified in Appendix I. The Statement showing the recommendations of the Commission on allowances and the Government’s decision thereon is annexed at Appendix II.
4. Some of the allowances paid to the Indian Navy which are also paid to the Indian Coast Guard at present have not been mentioned in the Report of the Commission. The Government has decided that these allowances which are admissible to the Indian Navy shall also be paid to the Indian Coast Guard at par with the Indian Navy.
5. The rates in respect of 12 running allowances relating to the Ministry of Railways shall be notified by the Ministry of Railways with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance.
6. The revised rates of allowances shall be admissible with effect from the 1st July, 2017.
Ordered that this Resolution be published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary.
Ordered that a copy of this Resolution be communicated to the Ministries and/Departments of the Government of India, State Governments, Administrations of Union territories and all other concerned.
R. K. CHATURVEDI, Jt. Secy.
7th CPC List of allowances along with modifications as approved by the Government of India: Appendix I of Gazette Notification