Revised rates of Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) w.e.f. 01.10.2022 for contract workers engaged in Indian Railways – RBE No. 139/2022
भारत सरकार (GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
रेल मंत्रालय (MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
रेलवे बोर्ड (RAILWAY BOARD)
RBE No. 139/2022
No. 2020/E (LL)//AT/MW/2
New Delhi dated: 28.10.2022
The General Managers,
All Zonal Railways and Production Units,
Metro Railway/Kolkata, CORE/Prayagraj,
The CAO (Construction), All Indian Railways,
The Director General,RDSO/Lucknow,
The DG/Railway Staff College, Vadodara,
The DGs/IRICEN, IRIEEN, IRISET, IRIMEE, IRITM,
The CAO, COFMOW, Tilak Bridge, New Delhi,
The CAO, Rail Coach Factory / Raebareli,
The CAO, Rail Wheel Plant, Bela.
Sub: Revision of rate of Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) for contract workers engaged in various employment/activities w.e.f 01.10.2022.
Ref: Ministry of Railways Letter No.2020/E(LL)/AT/MW/2 dated 10.06.2022 (RBE No.68/2022).
A copy each of Orders No. (i) 1/16(1)/2022-LS-II, (ii) 1/16(3)/2022-LS-II, (iii) – 1/16(4)/2022-LS-II, (iv) No.1/16(5)/2022-LS-II (v) No.1/16(6)/2022-LS.II (vi) 1/16(2)/2022-LS-II and (vii) 1/16(7)/2022-LS-II dated 28.09.2022 revising the rates of variable dearness allowance for contract workers engaged in (i) Agriculture (ii) Gypsum Mines, Barytes Mines, Bauxite Mines, Manganese Mines, China Clay Mines, Kyanite Mines, Copper Mines, Clay Mines, Clay Mines, Magnesite Mines, White Clay Mines, Stone Mines, Steatite Mines (including the mines producing Soap Stones and Talc), Ochre Mines, Asbestos Mines, Fire Clay Mines, Chromite Mines, Quartzite Mines, Quartz Mines, Silica Mines, Graphite Mines, Felspar Mines, Laterite Mines, Dolomite Mines, Red Oxide Mines, Wolfram Mines Iron Ore Mines, Granite Mines Rock Phosphate Mines, Hematite Mines, Marble and Calcite Mines, Uranium Mines, Mica Mines, Lignite Mines, Gravel Mines, Slate Mines and Magnetite Mines (iii) Construction or Maintenance of Roads or runways or in Building Operations including Laying Down Underground electric, wireless, Radio, Television, Telephone, Telegraph and Overseas Communication Cables and Similar other Underground cabling work, Electric lines, Water supply lines and Sewerage Pipe Lines (iv) Loading and unloading in (a) Goods sheds, parcel offices of Railways, (b) other goods-sheds, godowns, warehouses and other similar employments; (c) Docks and Ports; And (d) Passengers goods and Cargo Carried out at Airports ( Both International and Domestic) (v) Employment of sweeping and cleaning excluding activities prohibited under the Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993 (vi) Watch and Ward (With arms and without arms) and (vii) Stone Mines is sent herewith for information and strict compliance. The rates are applicable w.e.f. 01.10.2022.
2. Railways, being Principal Employer are required to ensure that the contractors are complying with the provisions of the Contract Labour (R&A) Act, 1970 and Minimum wages Act, 1948 strictly and arranging prescribed minimum wages to the contract labourers.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways. Please acknowledge receipt.
4, The original letters mentioned above may be downloaded from the official website of Ministry of labour & Employment www.clc.gov.in.
D.A: As above.
Tel No: 011-23047188
- Revised VDA on Minimum Wages for Agriculture Workers w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised VDA on Minimum Wages for Construction & Maintenance Workers w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised VDA on Minimum Wages for Loading and unloading Workers of Railways, Docks, Ports etc. w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised VDA on Minimum Wages for Sweeping and Cleaning Worker w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised VDA on Minimum Wages for Watch and Ward Duties with and without Arms w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised VDA on Minimum Wages for Mines Workers w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised VDA on Minimum Wages for Industrial Workers of Stone Mines w.e.f 1st October 2022