Payment of Immediate relief to family of an employee who dies while in service in cash: FinMin OM 30.04.2021 File No: TA-2-03002(01)/6/2021 TA-II/383
Payment of Immediate relief to family of an employee who dies while in service in cash: FinMin OM 30.04.2021
File No: TA-2-03002(01)/6/2021 TA-II/383
O/o Controller General of Accounts
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
INA GPO Complex, New Delhi-110023
Dated 30th April, 2021
Subject: Payment of Immediate relief to family of an employee who dies while in service in cash – reg.
All payments to Govt. servants or payments above Rs.5000 to suppliers etc. are to be made by electronically signed payment advices tor direct credit to their bank accounts in accordance with the amendment of (Receipts and Payments), Rules, 1983.
2. In order to provide immediate relief in terms of Rule 79 and 80 of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants, 2005 as expeditiously as possible to the family member of the government servant who dies in service, in the unprecedented situation, DDOs of Ministries /Departments are, permitted to draw and disburse the eligible amount of relief In cash either from Imprest or from other sources or by drawing money from the Bank. DDO should ensure adjustment of this advance against the arrears of pay and allowances, leave salary, Death Gratuity, balance of GPF/CPF or any other payment due in respect of the deceased Govt. servant.
View: Immediate Relief Advance Rs.25,000 to families of Government Servants who die while in service: Finance Ministry Order
3. All the Pr.CCAs/ CCAs/CAs (IC) are requested to kindly Issue instructions to PAOs under their control tor information and necessary action.
This issues with the approval of Controller General of Accounts.
(Ashish Kumar Singh)
Dy. Controller General of Accounts
1. All Secretaries of Ministries /Departments
2. All Financial Advisers of the ministries / Departments
3. All Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC) of the Ministries/ Departments
Copy for kind information to:
1. Secretary (Expenditure)